Skip to content
- ELPENOR — Home of the Greek Word — Include original texts and translations from all periods of Greek Literature, some of them are bilingual full texts and others are English anthologies, such as Greek fathers: Clement of Alexandria, Origen, Athanasius, Gregory Nazianzen, Basil of Caesarea, and Gregory of Nyssa.
- The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP) — ‘Founded in 1995 as a non-profit organization to provide open access to detailed, scholarly information on key topics and philosophers in all areas of philosophy.’
- Philosophy: An Online Resource Guide — ‘Whether you’re a bit curious about what philosophy is, a student tasked with writing about philosophy, or someone who works (or would like to work) in the field seeking connections and resources, you’ve come to the right place. This page is full of incredibly valuable – but free to use – materials for philosophers of all kinds.’
- New York University Department of Philosophy ‘Research Resources’
- Monachos.net—Patristic Studies Area — ‘Orthodox Christianity through patristic, monastic, liturgical and ecclesiastical study.’ This site offers both an extensive listing of the patristic corpus and the patristic writings published there in Monachos.net.
- ORB Online Encyclopedia: Late Antiquity in the Mediterranean — This section of ORB Online makes available the original sources from the late antique scholarship.
- Patrologia: Latina, Graeca & Orientalis — Huge resources and information about the patristics and the Migne Patrologia latina and graeca are offered in this website and its blog.
- Migne, Patrologia Latina online — This website offers links to Google Books and some of the Internet archives of the Migne Patrologia Latine, thereby giving us access to a searchable PDFs.
- Perseus Greek and Latin Project — Covers the history, literature, and culture of the Greco-Roman world, which offers Greek and Latin grammar, Latin Vulgate, and some lexica.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy — Begun in September 1995 with 2 entries, free online encyclopaedia of philosophy, a dynamic reference work that has been continuously growing.
Patristics and Late Antiquity
- Biblindex: Index of Biblical Quotations and Allusions in Early Christian Literature — Offers data from the published volumes of Biblia Patristica from 1977 to 2000 and the unpublished data from its archives.
- Bibliographic Information Base in Patristics (BIBP) — Offers a bibliographic tool focused on patristics. Its field spans from the first century to the mid ninth century. It is a free service provided by Université Laval under the auspices of Association Internationale d’Études Patristiques (AIEP).
- Bibliographies for Theology — Compiled by Prof. William Harmless, Creighton University.
- Bibliography on the History of Monasticism in Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages — Growing bibliography of the Greek, Latin, Syriac, and Coptic monasticism, as well as the early mediaeval monasticism. It is crucial for the study of the monasticism in late antiquity.
- Diogenes — ‘a tool for searching and browsing the databases of ancient texts, primarily in Latin and Greek, that are published by the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae and the Packard Humanities Institute.’
- Finding Augustine: Bibliography on St. Augustine — ‘A rich and readily accessible bibliographical collection concerning Augustine of Hippo and his legacy.’
- Fourth Century Christianity — ‘A site promoting and storing research tools and texts for the study of the Church and its environment in the Fourth Century’ directed by Dr. Glen Thompson, Professor of History, Wisconsin Lutheran College.
- Gnosis Archive — ‘The Gnosis Archive, (gnosis.org), offers a vast collection of primary texts and resources relating to Gnosticism and the Gnostic Tradition, both ancient and modern.’
- Gregory of Nyssa’s Bibliography — Maintained by Dr. Matthieu Cassin. This site offers all the publications that relate to the studies of Gregory of Nyssa and his works.
- monumenta.ch — Experimental website of latin text repository and tools, maintained by the Monumenta Informatik and Max Bänziger, to develop internet solutions in philology and paleography.
- Online Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon on TLG
- Oriental Institute: Centre for the Study of Gregory of Nazianzus (CEGN.) — Offers online database, translations, and texts related to Gregory Nazianzen.
- Sant’Agostino – Vita, Scritti, Pensiero, Santità, Attualità — Offers ‘S. Aurelii Augustini opera omnia: Patrologiae Latinae elenchus’.
- Teaching Ancient Philosophy — Mainly interested in pedagogical issues to the teaching of ancient philosophy.
- The Tertullian Project — ‘A collection of material ancient and modern about the ancient Christian Latin writer Tertullian and his writings.’
Scholarly Associations and Research Groups
National and Regional